We analyzed the text, links, type, and CTAs of 111,018 Facebook ads that were created
by 1,000s of companies over the past year and used live on Facebook. These ads were
taken from the AdEspresso Facebook Ad Gallery, the largest database of Facebook ads
You can find 15,000 of these ads available totally free in the AdEspresso Facebook Ad
The full Data Set is coming soon from AdEspresso University where you can find all these
Facebook ads plus more Twitter Ads.
I. A Typical Facebook Ad – A Quick Overview
1. Headline – The main title of your Facebook ad that grabs people’s attention. Your headline can be a maximum of 250 characters.
2. Text – A short description about the product or site you’re promoting.
3. Description – A longer text available in the News Feed describing more about your product. Maximum of 250 characters.
4. Caption – The URL of your domain.
5. Call to Action (CTA) – A button showing people where they should click.
6. Image – An enticing picture related to your product.
2. The Most Popular Type of Ad
Doing it Right Doing it Right: Snapwire, a royalty-free photo service.
• Uses a link ad to advertise their current offer
• Includes a proactive CTA (“Shop Now”), uses positive language (“Free”, “Love”), and a striking image.
• Image contains all aspects of an eye-catching image
• Contains a single face, with eye contact.
• Shows a positive emotion.
• A flash of red in the image is eye-catching.
• All this combines to capture the reader’s attention and compels them to lick. The Most Popular Type of Ad…